- This event has passed.
Online Thames Valley Burglary Forum
11th October 2018 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm BST at
Now that the leaves are starting to fall, Thames Valley Police will be hosting an online Burglary Q&A Forum for residents living across the Thames Valley, ahead of the darker nights.
You are invited to join our live web chat on Thursday 11 October between 7.30pm and 9pm from the comfort of your own home.
Our panel of detectives will be standing by to answer your questions about burglary while providing crime prevention advice to help protect your property this winter.
On the evening simply log on to thamesvp.coverpage.coveritlive.com to join in with the conversation. You can set-up a reminder ahead of the event by clicking on the link to our Cover-it-Live page above.
If you are unable to join us on the evening, you can reduce the risk of becoming a victim of burglary by taking a few simple steps:
• When going out, remember to light up your home using timer switches or a TV simulator.
• Don’t leave valuables or cash on display and store your house and car keys away from your letterbox.
• Move bins away from any side gates to prevent easy access into your property.
• Lock any tools away to prevent them being used to break into your home.
• Consider fitting a motion activated external light or installing a CCTV system.
• Finally, mark your valuables using a UV pen and register them on the national property register at www.immobilise.com.
For more advice on how to keep your home secure, please visit the burglary pages on our website at www.thamesvalley.police.uk/burglary