South Oxfordshire District Council has published its draft local plan and is inviting the public and organisations to make formal responses that will be submitted with the plan to the government for inspection.
The formal public consultation began on 7 January and will run for six weeks until Monday 18 February at 5pm. This is the final chance for residents, businesses and organisations to have their say on the plan – their comments will be submitted with the plan to the government by the end of March 2019. The examination of the plan by an independent government inspector is expected to follow in the summer.
Cllr Felix Bloomfield, cabinet member for Planning at South Oxfordshire District Council, said: “This is an important moment for our district and indeed for Oxfordshire. With a robust and sound plan, we can protect South Oxfordshire from unsuitable developments. It also means we are on track to submit our plan on time to unlock hundreds of millions of pounds of vital infrastructure funding for the whole county.
“This is a plan that will help South Oxfordshire continue to thrive and prosper – it’s not just about housing although it will bring many much-needed affordable homes, it is also about high-quality, well-paid jobs; it’s about shops, leisure and local green spaces; it’s about all the facilities needed to support thriving communities. It will help us deliver the infrastructure our district and Oxfordshire badly need – it’s a plan that will enable residents to continue enjoying living and working in South Oxfordshire.”
The plan, supporting evidence documents and copies of the comment form and guidance note are available to view at www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan and the locations listed below during their usual opening hours:
- South Oxfordshire District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB
- all public libraries in South Oxfordshire
- Abbey House Abingdon, Abbey Sports Centre Berinsfield, Barton Leisure Centre, Chalgrove Post Office (contact Councillor Gibbs on 01235 523679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)¸ Clifton Hampden Post Office, Cornerstone Didcot, via Culham Parish Council¸ Didcot Wave Leisure Centre, Leys Pools and Leisure Centre (Blackbird Leys), the Holiday Inn Grenoble Road, Oxford City Council St Aldate’s and the Talking Shop Café Sandford on Thames.
Comments can be submitted by:
- visiting www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan and following links to the online form;
- downloading a comment form from the council’s website and emailing the completed version to email@example.com
- collecting a comment form from one of the locations listed above and posting the completed form to Planning Policy, SODC, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB; or
- attending one of the council’s drop-in events.
Public drop-in events are being held at:
|Didcot, Cornerstone Arts Centre||Thursday 17 January, 3pm–7pm|
|Henley Town Hall||Saturday 19 January, 10am-2pm|
|Wheatley, The Merry Bells Village Hall||Monday 21 January, 3pm-7pm|
|Culham Parochial School||Wednesday 23 January, 4pm-8pm|
|Sandford-on-Thames Village Hall||Thursday 24 January, 3pm-7pm|
|Berinsfield Church Hall||Tuesday 29 January, 3pm-7pm|
|Wallingford, Ridgeway Community Church||Saturday 2 February, 10am-2pm|
|Thame Town Hall||Tuesday 5 February, 10am-2pm|
|Chalgrove Village Hall||Thursday 7 February, 4pm-8pm|
|Horspath Community Hub||Saturday 9 February, 10am-2pm|
|Oxsrad Sports and Leisure Centre, Marston||Monday 11 February, 4pm-8pm|