Following two briefing sessions, on the 17thand 19thApril, 28 volunteers from across all the villages delivered a hard copy of the NDP household survey to all residences in the parish. Sue Biggs thanked both Anna Vorster and Jane Williams for their fantastic work in preparing and producing the survey and all the volunteers for distributing them over the weekend of the 22ndApril.
Update on responses to date:
– There have been 114 on line – 7 from Chalkhouse Green, 9 from Cane End ( 15 houses still to have survey delivered), 30 from Gallowstree Common, 41 from Kidmore End and 27 from Tokers Green
– Cut off date for responses is the 6thMay
- Reminders to be posted on the website and in the newsletter and on parish notice boards. Anna will collate and quality control all of the electronic responses and input results from paper responses will be completed independently.
- Initial results of the survey will be reviewed by the steering group
- The steering Group will then organise community engagement events to share results with the whole community
- It was agreed to choose more locations so that we encourage more attendees across the parish. The pavilion at Gallowstree Common, parish rooms in Kidmore End, the school and possibly the village hall in Mapledurham for the residents of Tokers Green. Dates of events to be confirmed.
- There was a discussion on organic growth in the parish since 2011 which the Steering Group can show as acceptable with 19 houses built in the parish with further planning applications in progress for a further 6 properties at Cane End.When call for sites and site allocation starts we need to be as robust as possible with very clear criteria in light of the current applications close to our boundaries especially near Chalkhouse Green
- To date the Steering Group have spent £810, of which £513 printing costs for the household survey. Current balance is £4090
- The steering group reviewed and agreed the current logo of the parish council be used for the NDP steering group as well
- Next meeting date: Tuesday 22ndMay , 7.30pm at Gallowstree Common Pavilion